CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving

We spent Thanksgiving at my sister's house again this year and had a wonderful feast, as usual! I will be the first to admit though that with the warmer weather(somehow it always seems to be warmer on Thanksgiving day than it does in the weeks leading up to it) it didn't really seem like Thanksgiving for some reason. The food was wonderful and the company was even better and we are so thankful that Mimi was able to join us for the day, but I just didn't have that "feeling" like I typically do on Thanksgiving. Something was off and although I can't exactly put my finger on it, I just know it was a different feeling for me this year. With that being said, we had so much fun with the kids and all of the activities at their school surrounding the holiday. One of the most special moments was Brooke helping my Mom make the Pumpkin Mincemeat Bread using Amie's recipe and I gave her Pipi's old apron(for him it was a bib) to wear. That moment was so special and reduced me to tears thinking about how much we miss having them present in our lives to share such wonderful holiday traditions with.







0 comments: