CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

My Sweet Boy


Just when I think Austin is this rough and tumble little boy who is always getting himself into trouble, he can surprise the heck out of me. Jeff bought him this new pair of Batman pj's (complete with a cape and all) when he was in Auburn on the first baseball trip of the season. Austin absolutely LOVED his present, so much so that he is basically obsessed with these pj's. He wants to wear them morning, noon, and night, which can be a little annoying for Mommy who KNOWS they need to be washed at some point, but gets a lot of grief over it. Today we had my friend Michelle over with her 3 girls for a play date and the kids knew when they left it was going to be nap time. I was picking up Austin's room as they were getting ready to leave and he came in to see what I was doing. He saw his pj's on his bed and said "Mommy, I put these on?" At first I looked at him and said "No, buddy they are for night time." Then I took a step back, thought for a moment, and said "well, okay, you can wear them if you'd like." Austin then looked at me and said "Thanks Mommy, you're the best!" Thinking my ears were failing me, I even made him repeat what he said just so I could be 100% sure :o) Yup, he said it alright! Melted my heart right then and there and made me forget how much of a challenge he has been the past few days!

0 comments: