CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Monday, April 6, 2009

A Unique Dining Experience



Today after our MOPS Steering Team Meeting 5 of us decided it would be a good idea to head to lunch with the kids. That made for 7 adults and 9 kids (can you say WHOA!) When Michelle called to let them know we were coming, I don't think they had a clue what was in store. I think I saw a few eyes pop out of heads when we walked in and people were probably expecting the worst, but being the clever Moms we are we sat all of the kids on one side of the table(the bench side) and had two adults sit on the ends. All in all the kids were really good(considering they outnumbered us!) The entourage to the bathroom was an experience (all 9 kids went at once because of course they travel in packs, especially to the bathroom(what's up with that anyway?!?)), but luckily Kelly took over for me and I got to head back and order and enjoy Addison and the 4 adults at the table. It was quiet for a few minutes at least. So, as most of you know, I'm a little OCD....okay a lot OCD. This was a little difficult for me to control since Austin was sitting on the total opposite end of the table as me. I almost lost it when he climbed under the table for like the 20th time to retrieve something...can we say YUCK...GERMS!!! Jake could see the utter grotesque look on my face and we were all able to laugh about it, but secretly my skin was crawling. Why do little boys have to be so dirty all of the time??? Anyway, by the end of lunch all of the kids were a little restless, so they all sat at the bar and twirled in their chairs. It was so cute! And if you're wondering....none of them were served :o) I personally wouldn't have survived this adventure without my loving friends who push me to walk outside of my comfort zone. So therapeutic they are!!

0 comments: