CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Kindergarten Assessment

Today Brooke had to go to P.K. Yonge for her Kindergarten Assessment. I picked her up from school and then drove out to Ironwood to drop her off with Jeff so he could take her. On the way there I was telling her some of the things that they would probably ask her and told her that she needed to show them how smart she was. She tends to clam up when people she doesn't know ask her questions, so I was nervous that her intelligence and everything she learned this past year at VPK wouldn't show. I told her that she needed to put on her "Thinking Cap" and answer their questions like I knew she could. When I got to the golf course she was being a little grumpy and didn't want to get out of the van. I asked her what was wrong and she started to cry and said "Mommy, I don't want them to put one of those things on my head." It became clear that she took my telling her to put her "Thinking Cap" on a bit too literal.

0 comments: