CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Monday, June 14, 2010

No more bottles

So, I had set a goal of getting Addison off the bottle by the time she reached 17 months. I had tried to give her milk in a sippy cup on a few occasions in the past and she refused to drink from them. She would drink water fine from them, but as soon as I would give her milk in one she would take a sip, make a face, and hand me back the cup. Fussy much?!? For the past few weeks I kept telling her that she was going to give up the "babba" soon and we would count down as each day passed. Brooke also knew about the goal and she would be sure to tell me every night how many more days Addi had left. This morning was a rush getting the kids out the door to VBS, so I let her have a bottle(more for mommy convenience than anything else!), but tonight I knew I could take the time to sit down with her before bed while she had her milk. I put it in a sippy cup that had a straw, warmed it up, and voila!........she drank it no problem :) I am so proud of her and incredibly happy that it was so easy. I guess she just had to be ready on her own to give up "babba."

0 comments: