CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy Easter




WOW....this Easter sure was different for our family! Every year we have to work around Jeff's baseball schedule and the fact that he may or may not be in town, but this year we had to work around my job and Brooke being 3 days post operation and in recovery. Since I'm working at Trinity, I quickly realized that Easter was a very busy holiday for the Church and especially the Trinity Kids Team. We put on the ginormous Easter Egg Hunt, which included over 16,000 eggs this year and I was busy working the afternoon before it setting up everything, the morning of it and during it and clean up after it, and Sunday School the next day. Brooke wasn't able to attend the Egg Hunt because she was in pretty bad shape, so she spent the morning with Grandpi while Jeff brought Austin & Addi over to the festivities.
We had live chicks at the Hunt and Brooke's one request was that Mrs. Emily allow me to bring one home for the night. Well, Mrs. Emily not only let me bring home one, but all 6 of them! Brooke was so happy and it was such a great feeling being able to allow her such a special treat. The kids just LOVED having them!! Easter morning was a bit non-existent due to the fact that I had to work at 8am, but the kids woke up early and sifted through their loot that was left by the Easter Bunny. After work we headed over to my Mom & Dad's house for Easter dinner, and egg hunt, and to take pictures of all the kids with the chicks. It was a nice family day, but since there was a game, Jeff wasn't able to join us until dessert. I was just thrilled that Brooke was able to have somewhat of a normal Easter!








0 comments: