CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Mother's Day

This year's Mother's Day was somewhat depressing for me as Jeff was out of town for it and the kids were a bit wild during the 5 days he was gone(he was thoughtful though and left several presents for the kids to give to me, which they thought was so exciting...they especially liked the cards. There was a lot of coffee products involved...go figure!). I also had to work the morning of, so that was a unique experience for me. My Mom & Dad, whom I just adore, decided to change their plans of taking my Grandma out for dinner to include the kids and I, which melted my heart. My Dad cooked steaks & chicken on the grill while my Mom whipped up a bunch of sides, and the kids and I contributed carrot cake for dessert. It really meant a lot to me that we were able to spend the afternoon together! Jeff did return home around 8:00 that night(after a full day of traveling) with chocolate covered strawberries in hand and we had an enjoyable few hours together.
The next evening we went out to Cody's steakhouse as a family and celebrated the occasion.
I have to add that the most special gifts I received were from Brooke & Austin. They each made me something at school and both gifts just warmed my heart. I have to give their teacher's so much credit for their creativity and thoughtfulness. I also joined Austin for a Mother's Day brunch with his class on the Wednesday prior and we had a fun time celebrating and eating goodies.

A beautiful bouquet of Tulips & Irises was delivered to me from my sweet husband...



Brooke made a special book with her class that they each presented to their moms...




Austin made an adorable hand print craft with a poem that melted my heart...



We had fun eating at Cody's and enjoyed our time together as a family...



0 comments: