CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Jax Fl. Roc Running Obstacle Challenge

Yesterday Jeff and I ran in our 2nd obstacle challenge race, which benefited Donna 26.2, a charity to help fight cancer. We have a fundraising goal to each raise $50 toward the charity, which we have 1 month to fulfill. It was a challenging off road 3-4 mile course with 25+ obstacles spread throughout. There were multiple MUD pits, multiple walls and crawls, water obstacles(most involved natural creeks, an incline rope wall that led to an amazing water slide, and much more. Every "ROC-Star" got a professionally designed t-shirt, etched Finisher Pint glass, and a cool beverage(BEER.....and I even took a few sips) at the finish line. On one of the 1st obstacles, some type of wall, I sprained my ankle slighty coming down from it. Between that and the fact that I could barely catch a good breath, I wasn't at my best throughout the race, but pushed through. Our finish time was just over 64 minutes, which I was happy with, considering. Here is a list of some of the obstacles that we encountered: Mud Leap, Military Wall, Mud Crawl, Fence Hurdle, Hurdles, Fence Bound, Triple By-pass Water Trudge, A River Runs Thru It, Charlotte's Web, Over/Unders, Tire Stutter Step, Troll Bridge, Mud Pit, Water Bridge, Rope Pull, & Victory Wall. Jenn & Jean Moises ran the race with us as part of Team Married Mudders. It was their very 1st mud run and they did extremely well and I believe had fun doing it! We all wore fluorescent colors to represent the team. I have to say that as we drove up to the race site, which was kind of in the middle of nowhere at a horse stable, we passed a petting zoo, equipped with a buffalo, ostrich, lama, goats, chickens, and other various animals. It was so random, so weird, and so cool all at the same time. It was a fun morning, providing us with some amazing memories and souvenirs, including all the bumps and bruises.

0 comments: