CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Boys will be boys

Now that Austin is potty trained I am having a hard time keeping his pants on him. His Daddy has taught him that it's okay to water the grass when he is outside and needs to go pee-pee, but forgot to instill that he should only do so in the PRIVACY of his OWN yard. When we went to Wild Waters the other day Austin had a look on his face as though he was about to do something not so nice in the water (#2 to be exact.) I quickly scooped him up and dried him off and told him to wait for his Daddy to get back with Addison from getting her stroller out of the car. Austin can never sit still for very long, so he was up and out of the lounge chair in a matter of seconds. The next thing I know he is in the grass with his pants around his ankles and ready to relieve himself. In my mortified state I quickly scanned the nearby chairs to make sure nobody had seen him and ran over to yank his pants up to his shoulders.
Two days ago, my girlfriends Lark and I took Austin and his friend Grant to the park after we dropped the older girls off at Vacation Bible School. We took the boys potty when we first arrived so that they would be good to play with no interruptions. For some reason they found it more fun to play around us under the pavilion than actually enjoy all of the playground equipment. I was talking to Lark and the next thing I know Austin was between the pavilion and the playground with his pants around his knees. Once again in a mortified state I quickly gave Addison to Lark to watch, scooped up Austin after pulling his pants up, and then took him to the potty. Of course he didn't end up going on the toilet. Somehow I just don't get the urge he has to drop trow in all of these public settings. Doesn't he understand how much it embarrasses Mommy?!?

0 comments: